Saturday, June 17, 2017

#30DayBookBinge - kicking it off.. again!


For the last 17 days, I 've been 'participating' (I use the term loosely because I'm currently in a slump) in the #30DayBookBinge created by Book Rat Misty (links and info. at the end). My personal intentions for this readathon/reading challenge were to get myself to read 'more.' What does more mean to me? More than just graphic novels and 3 books a month, honestly. I've been reading at a pretty good pace in 2017 and have made my reading goals much more fluid, but I feel like because of this I have begun to fall off the reading wagon.

 For the past 17 days, I have yo-yo'd between graphic novels and actual novels several times, only to wind up here. Stuck with tons of books I own physically and the want to only play PS4 and watch YouTube. I've felt unmotivated like this only one other time this year, so I'm taking my current mood as a kick in the butt to just READ SOMETHING ELSE. I'm putting down my current read, The Midwich Cuckoos by John Wyndham and looking to greener pastures.

What do I want to read next? I'm thinking something standalone, preferably under 400 pages, and of course scifi. As I also resurrect this reading blog, I will be updating you with some of the details I keep out of my BookTube/YouTube (it's both, not just BOOKS, guys!) videos. I want this to be something separate from my videos because I enjoy writing and can sometimes formulate much more coherent thoughts in written format versus rambling at my phone camera.

Where you can find Book Rat Misty:
YouTube - BookRatMisty
Blog - The Book Rat

No comments:

Post a Comment